How to transfer your existing BantuPay account to the new BantuPay Wallet
It is no longer news that BantuPay wallet has been redesigned to bring you better speed, security and simplicity. It is now time to show you how to move over your account from the old version of the app to the new BantuPay.
Transfer your account in few steps
Steps 1–6 apply only to users who have not previously backed up their secret keys. Users who have previously backed up their secret keys may proceed to step 7.
- Launch your (old) BantuPay app, and tap on the sidebar icon.
- Tap on backup (if you have not previously backed up your secret keys)
- Tap the orange backup button
- Confirm that no one is looking at what you’re doing (shoulder surfing) and start the backup.
- Copy (write down) the secret keys to a safe place
- Confirm that you have followed all instructions by checking the boxes, and tap the button to update your profile.
It is now time to import your existing account into the new BantuPay wallet.
7. Download the new BantuPay app, launch it and tap on the “import wallet” button.
8. Provide the appropriate details: password from the old wallet or a new password as long as it is strong and hard to guess, the secret key you backed up from the old wallet, as well as your username from the old wallet. Then check the T&C box if you agree, and finally tap the continue button to finish the process.
9. If the details provided are correct, you will be taken to the home screen and will have your assets available (and claimable) in the new wallet.
There you have it! Enjoy the new BantuPay and let us know what you think about it on our channels!